Lady Officer Cadet – Sri Lanka Army Volunteer Force
Closing Date: 2017-11-20
Sri Lanka Army
Source: Sunday Observer (2017.11.05)
SRI LANKAARMY VOLUNTEER FORCE PURSUEA CAREER WITH PRESTIGE & HONOUR
JOIN USASA LADY OFFICER CADET
Should be an unmarried female citizen of Sri Lanka. – Age should not be less than 18 years and not more than 22 years as at 20 November 2017. – Height should not be less than 5’3″(Those who have excelled in school/ National/ International and all Island level sports will be considered for enlistment even if they do not fulfill the requirement of height).
EDUCATIONAL & OTHER QUALIFICATIONS –
Should have passed two subjects at the G.C.E. (A/L) Examination in one sitting and passed the G.C.E (O/L) Examination in two sittings with four Credit Passes including English and at least Ordinary Passes for Mathematics and Sinhala/Tamil, – Should be an employee of the executive grade in the public/private sector or possess an annual income of Rs.500,000.00. Any other higher educational qualifications or achievements in sports will be considered as added qualifications.
PAY, ALLOWANCES & OTHER BENEFITS
Monthly gross pay of Officers in the respective ranks including allowances is as follows:
– Officer Cadet – RS. 37817.00
– Second Lieutenant (Married Officers) – Rs… 70797.70
– Lieutenant (Married Officers) – RS, 75969.70
– Captain (Married Officers) – Rs… 80613.70 Major
(Married Officers) – RS. 85657.70
Commissioned Lady Officers will be entitled to fringe benefits to cover expences on transport, uniforms, medical, food and accommodation. They will also receive opportunities of serving overseas UN Peace Keeping Missions and to follow advanced Courses.
On successful completion of basic training at the Sri Lanka Military Academy, they will be commissioned as Second Lieutenants and posted to respective Battalions.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE – Those who are employed in government departments or private sector should forward their applications along with the recommendation of the head of the institution. – Unemployed applicants should certify annual income of Rs.500,000.00 attested by a Justice of Peace.
– Applications prepared as per the specimen application with copies of documents mentioned below should reach “Recruting Officer, Headquarters, Sri Lanka Army Volunteer Force, Salawa, Kosgama” by registerdpost on or before 20 November 2017. The clause “LADY OFFICER CADETIN THE VOLUNTEER FORCE OF THE SRI LANKAARMY” should be mentioned on the top left corner of the envelope enclosing the application.
Recommendation from the Head of the Department – Two Character Certificates obtained recently Certificates of Educational and Professional Qualifications – Certificates of Sports and Extra Curricular Activities
– Birth Certificate – National Identity Card Grama Niladhari Certificate – Other relevant Certificates
SRI LANKAARMY VOLUNTEER FORCE
Address: Recruiting Officer, Headquarters, Sri Lanka Army Wolunteer Force, Salawa, Kosgama.
Please visit www.army.lk/slavf for more details and for the specimen application.